Mission and Mandate
Founded in 2005, the Committee of Maisonneuve-Rosemont Hospital Users (CUHMR) makes sure that the rights of users are respected. Its mission consists in:
- Inform you about your rights and responsibilities;
- Promote a better quality of services;
- Protect your rights and your interests;
- Support you, upon request, in any action you make take with the hospital, including for lodging a complaint;
- Ensure the proper functioning of an independant committee, respecting administrative procedures.
In other words, in addition to its responsability of protecting users rights, the Committee is dedicated to improving the life conditions of users by being attentive to their comments and by collaborating with the hospital administration. Through its observations, the Committee continually contributes to improve the services rendered by the hospital.
A user is defined by the Ministry of Health and Social Services as “a natural person who has, or who has had, recourse to health services or social services provided by an establishment of the health and social services network. of Quebec. “For the CUHMR, this is therefore all the people who use or who have used the services offered by the Maisonneuve-Rosemont Hospital.
The law requires each health and social services establishment to form a Users Committee. Composed of 5 volunteer members elected at the annual general assembly, this Committee becomes the voice of all the establishment users. The Committee cannot intervene regarding a formal complaint made towards any other establishment than the one to which it is attached.